A New Job

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: A New Job

Post by crosscourt »

Its a waste of time for the Police as it becomes a he said, he said with no witnesses. We go after the owner of the unit as this guy is a renter and the association can legally go after him both for the threats and the sound issues he creates with his DJ equipment.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

The last maggot that threatened me,...sucker punched me,then pulled a knife and tried to stab me. Brass knuckles stopped him dead,... nearly,then he ended up hand cuffed,and hauled away to county lockup. He's still doing time for assault with a deadly weapon,attempted murder and fleeing and eluding,which are all felonies. I understand your plight,sometimes you get the bear,and sometimes you can't do anything. Frustrating... :x
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Two more employees gave their 2 weeks notice,yesterday. A third,quit the day after he got hired,for a better paying job. The main antagonist has backed off,and has quit interacting with me,since she knows there's bad blood between us, but I'm still looking... At this rate,there won't be anybody left to do the work. This is a prime example of management shooting itself in the foot. :x :roll: :x
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

My boss was a complete pain in the ass yesterday. She continues to make stupid decisions based on her lack of experience. The new wrinkle is she threatens me with going to the Regional and accuses me of bullying her. Ive been here 13 years, shes been here 1 year. Havent been in a situation like this before with someone so lacking in experience and judgement. She also suffers from ADHD which doesnt help the situation. This situation was over something more minor versus the usual discussions over infrastructure. I need to pick my battles a bit better but as you know Capt its tough standing there and taking it. Ill go into silent treatment and avoidance next week as I just dont have the time or energy to continually deal with the plethora of bad decisions. The money is good right now so Id rather not walk away but Im afraid the stress is going to get me at some point, and then Im screwed.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

CC, I completely understand. I'm doing the same as you. Ignoring that ignorant assclown that thinks she knows what she's doing. I decided the next run in I have,I'm going to the new HR girl,and explain the whole situation. I awoke last Tuesday night at 3 am with anxiety over this job. This is NOT living. The stress is beginning to wear me out,quickly. I'm like you,I need the benefits,so I have to deal with the same 💩💩. If the situation doesn't change,it may be the Great Resignation for me. :x :x :roll:
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Today was " Employee Appreciation Day" at my company. They gave everyone a $100 gift card. I rejected it. After the amount of disrespect, being bitched at,and back stabbed,they got to be kidding me..!!😠😠 I was told by co workers that I 'm an idiot for not taking it.
I would be a damn hypocrite, if I did.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I would have taken the gift card and given it to someone who could really use it even though I realize you wanted to throw it in their face.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I would have...gladly. However, I don't know who I can trust there,and who I can't. Also,I don't want them , at some point in the future, to say " We gave him a raise,and we gave him a gift card, and Look, at how ungrateful he is" This way, my conscience is clear. I'm on the verge of making waves with OSHA, to start. And when I do, it'll be a Tsunami...!😠 I ask for no quarter,and I give none. I 've clawed,scratched and fought, for what I have now. A measly gift card,and a puny raise does nothing for my life.( Only insults me) It's just another slap in the face. Everyone was bitching at work today, that the gift card didn't even fill up a gas tank. I just shrugged my shoulders and said 'Oh well".....now you see it from my side.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

My boss today screwed up royally and a former board member called me about the situation and I told her the truth straight up. Its info I probably shouldnt have shared but I did. My boss takes me outside the office on the sidewalk and starts yelling at me as to why I offered information to a resident that I shouldnt have offered after that resident contacted her. Knowing the resident, lying to her or omitting would have caused a larger explosion, This resident was an influential board member at one time and has many connections in the community. Shes very knowledgeable to the workings of the property. Not sure if this is going to go to my Regional. The issue was of a type that was suppose to involve providing advance notice of an event to allow people to plan. She forgot completely and never informed me that this event was to occur. 10 minutes before the event she calls me and says do it. I did and then the phone call from the former board member came to my phone, not my boss, but to me. What does that tell you about the situation.
Today I had been dealing with an emergency that was originally reported twice the day before and three times today as it was happening. My boss calls me at the end of the day and says, are you aware of a leak in a certain building and of course it was the building we had been talking about for two days.
This occurs all the time, as things are forgotten, not followed up on or not handled in the first place. Im at a loss as to what to do as the situation is such a farce, it happens over and over every single day. Would like to gut it out till Im at least 70 but its really gotten bad.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

IMHO... If the stress kills you now,what good is it(the job) going to do you..?? My Uncle worked till he was 67 then retired from a local steel mill. He got his first S.S.check,and died on the way to the bank,to deposit it.( This was in the 70s) You need to weigh all the advantages of your job,v.s. disadvantages. I've decided in my case to just stick it out,and see what changes. I will say this,if the stress is really great(and only you know that) is it worth your health and wellness.??? Since I 've taken this job,my hair has gotten grey-er, and my facial wrinkles are more pronounced. Yes,I'm getting older,but this job has really taken it's toll on me. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have taken this job. In your case,you're the most competent person there. Your boss is clueless,and the others want to be boss,but they can't compare with your experience,so they try to ride your coat tails... it seems. I'm just speculating. Try to watch your stress levels,it's not good,for anyone.