Acer 314 Chromebook

Discussion of hardware related issues
crosscourt

Acer 314 Chromebook

Post by crosscourt »

I just picked one up for $132 open box,as my older Acer 14s are no longer supported. It has a N4020 Celeron on it, 2 USC-C and 2 USB-A ports, SD card reader, webcam, decent speakers,4gb ram, 32gb storage and for a 1366x768 display its very nice looking and much brighter. My other Chromebook has a much nicer display but the 314 is for portable use as my other Acer is a 15in laptop. Ill post back once Ive used it more, but it fully supports both Android and Linux.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Acer 314 Chromebook

Post by crosscourt »

Very nice system. I like having the additional USB ports. Display is bright and looks great even though its not the quality of my other Chromebook. 314 is definitely faster than the AMD cpu in my 15 Inch Chromebook. Speakers are a bit thin but headphones sound great. All my settings were still with Google so once I login it sets me up exactly like my other laptop, which is great. Already tested it with multimedia and again much faster than my other Chromebook. Android and Linux support works with out having to go to great lengths. If you want to use things like Office , you can use the Android version. Its light and easy to tote so this will definitely be my everyday mobile device. Came with a nice Acer sleeve plus a mouse. For the price a great laptop and for most everyday users an easy way to stay secure and do whatever you like.
Site Moderator