NextCloud server at 100%

Discussion of software apps
wove

NextCloud server at 100%

Post by wove »

The other day I managed to finish all the configuration I wanted to do with NextCloud. It is running on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and using a 256GB M.2 Sata drive from my defunct X220 as a data drive connected via USB. I am quite happy with NextCloud's features and function. I think I am at a point where I can quit relying on cloud servers to keep most of my stuff in Sync. It's limit is that it as of now only works on the local network, but I do not travel a lot nor do I travel for long.

The last thing I needed to get configured was setting up a static IP for it. The old router was very good at just letting devices stay on the same IP for a long time, but the new router just keeps changing the IP address for connected devices, which makes it difficult to keep items synced. It appears that what I did took and for a fews days now anyway it is keeping the same IP.

It has been a good long while since I have spent lots of time trying to do a little project from the command line. If my eyes and my typing were better it would have been easier. I was most pleased that everything I have done to get it working the way I hoped was done from the initial install. Generally I ass up so bad on early attempts that I just format and re-install which is often easier than figuring out where I messed up and trying to straighten it out.

A very nice feature of retirement, is you have the time to sort things out.
crosscourt

Re: NextCloud server at 100%

Post by crosscourt »

Im looking forward to being able to sort things out I hope very soon.
Site Moderator