Didnt realize Id be using my Chromebook so much

Discussion of hardware related issues
crosscourt

Re: Didnt realize Id be using my Chromebook so much

Post by crosscourt »

I use my Chromebook all the time outside my house, at work and with clients with no issues (I even took it down to the historic town I live near and used it in the park), using the Comcast wifi hotspots. Ive also used it on a 3 day vacation I took recently.
It also supports using a USB-C to ethernet adapter so I can plug it in for a connection if I need to, such as in my managers office. I also work offline part of the time as Chromebook has improved hugely in this respect.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

My wife had a large project so I had her use my Chromebook to see how far the battery would go and it went 12 hours before we had to plug in to recharge. Recharge took about an hour.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Reporting back on how things have been going. So far Chromebook for entertainment and light mobile use has been great but theres a catch. I just never got use to the fact that I couldnt access my Comcast email easily, and with no direct apps, doing other work in this fashion didnt really suit me. I dont work and utilize online for files and documents as I prefer to keep them locally to work offline. Anyone who can get use to the Google way will love it and find they can access anything on the move. For me it really wasnt comfortable. Adding Linux apps works but its clunky and you best have more storage given the limited storage most Chromebooks have. In the final analysis its worth the money but be realistic with what you want and understand the issues with hardware like printers and the lack of support for disk drives.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

After using my Chromebook for long term its been a great experience. Not having any issues accomplishing everything I want to do with the Chromebook. My older Chromebooks are being used by my wife and a friend who wanted something more secure for mobile use even though they use Windows at home. I was surprised to see how many people are using them now and theyve become very popular with college students because of the way security is handled with them. They are cheap enough that if you keep your data in the cloud and it gets stolen you go buy another and move on.
Battery life averages 10 hours but Ive gotten close to 12 hours quite a few times. It also charges very quickly with a USB-C adapter.
Site Moderator