What hardware are you using?

Discussion of hardware related issues
crosscourt

Re: What hardware are you using?

Post by crosscourt »

My system for games updates regularly but my other systems are backups and I tend to update every 3 months on average.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I update all my systems EXCEPT my Windows install quite regularly, like every week. The Windows system gets updated anywhere from monthly to every 3 months depending on how much gaming I do.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I was speaking to my Windows systems in the first post but Linux I update whenever Im using it and only the test distros that I no longer use get updated at longer intervals.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

For me I only have 1 Windows system so not much I can speak to on that. :D
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive got 8 systems running Win10, my gaming system, my wifes pc and our two laptops the primary ones.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Lately Ive been using my Acer 14 Chromebook and my gaming pc the most. Chromebook goes everywhere with me and has allowed me to become far more mobile than I use to be.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Here on the T495. This is REALLY nice machine. Rarely do the fans spin up, it's very smooth running, I've been trying to push the multi-tasking but haven't managed to get it to stumble yet. While I still REALLY look forward to the T14 eventually arriving, this is some seriously nice hardware. So much quieter than the Dell with the 3500u. 99.9999% sure it's not because I higher end cpu runs cooler, and it's definitely not because the case allows for better cooling (the Inspiron is larger and metal so would allow for more possible airflow and the metal body would also help conduct heat away). So totally a case of Dell just not doing a very good job on programming the fans on that hardware. And no surprise, as this is totally expected at this point between the quality of a business system (Latitude, Thinkpad) and the "throw it out there, get their money" quality of a "consumer system (Inspiron, Ideapad).
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Very diversified right now. Im running an Acer Chromebox CXI3 as a media center, Dell 7010 USFF with MXLinux KDE as my personal desktop, my Dell gaming system with a Ryzen 5 2600/Win10, Acer 315 Chromebook as my system on the go, and my Dell E6420 laptop with Feren OS KDE for work.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Printer wasnt spotted right away by MX Linux last night. Feren OS auto detected and installed. I intially thought the printer had a problem but HP printers are very reliable with Linux.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Just converted my last Windows 7 pc to Windows 10 and will also be running Zorin OS 15 Core on it. Incredibly easy install, upgrading from Win7 and still free for now.
Site Moderator