My "new" PC

Discussion of hardware related issues
tlmiller

My "new" PC

Post by tlmiller »

So my case & power supply arrived toady. Got a generic branded (Rosewill, Neweggs house brand) 600-watt 80+ Bronze semi-modular PSU. Only was about $50 for it, which I think is pretty good for a 80+ Bronze. Got a DIYPC case. IT's VERY cheaply made, but seems like airflow will be good. Has a couple blue LED fans in it, too. Plexiglass side. Motherboard is supposed to be delivered Wednesady. Getting excited to have a REAL PC again!!
crosscourt

Re: My "new" PC

Post by crosscourt »

I prefer cheap cases depending on the design but looking forward to seeing how your build goes.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I prefer the nice cases that I know for a fact have great airflow and quality, but I just wanted something inexpensive to get a REAL pc that has an upgrade path for now, so this case will do. I like the look of it the case, so it should be sufficient.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

They tend to be lighter and in many cases the build quality really isnt that bad. It also allows me to make some alterations of mine if I prefer.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

This ones kinda cool. It actually has 2 built-in areas for 2.5" SSD's, has 2 slots for 2.5" HDD's, but no optical drive slot (which is fine, I needed a BD rom anyway, so I'll get an external at some point that I can also use with my laptops). The PSU has it's own little caged off area at the bottom, and it's designed to be able to route the cables behind the motherboard without having to worry about cable management to get them to fit (lots of room). And It's got 2 big 140mm fans in it. So I'm reasonably impressed for how cheap it was.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

That does sound cool and I was always amazed at the very innovative designs you would see with some of the cheaper cases.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

So, got everything together. I can't get all the ram to work. Either stick will work with one of the old sticks, but they won't work together. I may just return them and get something else.

The case fans are GARBAGE. Big, but move no air whatsoever. The CPU fan is SCREAMING trying to keep the thing cool with how useless these case fans are.
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

New case fans ordered. 1 that still is a blue LED that I'll put in the top, and does 1500 rpm and supposed to be 85.64 CFM, and then a 2400rpm one without LED's that I'll put as the rear exhaust that's rated 88.46 CFM
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Definitely feels like it's faster, but...that cpu fan is so whiny!! Can't wait for the new fans to arrive!!
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »