ROSA R11 released

Discussion on Linux distributions
tlmiller

Re: ROSA R11 released

Post by tlmiller »

Did find one oddity. On a fresh install, I CANNOT get onlyoffice desktop editors to run. There are all kinds of library issues. Might post in the ROSA forums just to see if anyone has gotten it since they released r11 (it was running on my r10 install upgraded to r11).
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

So far Ive had no issues with ROSA at all and its still my favorite RPM distro.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Mine too. But they did seem to remove something with Rosa R11, or changed soemthing fairly major.

If anyone wants to follow, here's the thread on the Rosa forums.
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

And they did indeed have a fix!! It's a lib64gtkglext...never occurred to me to search for lib64 packages!
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! They've reintroduced the "tabs cycle in recently used order" issue AGAIN with firefox. Once again, ever time I start, it's set to use that most idiotic and horrible of options. This is like the 4th time that ROSA has done this, and it's defintiely a ROSA thing, no other OS has ever had this issue!!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Interesting.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I'm glad Vivaldi has improved (a little, stitll not great, but it's definitely usable IMO) while I wait for the patch to put firefox back to working like a logical browser. :)
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I have to say, overall, it was incredibly easy getting this back up and running with my full configuration on it. While the issues with Firefox are definitely annoying, it's not as major as it would have been at one point since I do think Vivaldi has improved the usability quite a bit. ROSA really does manage to impress me nowadays.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Same here as I think ROSA is one of the best distros Ive ever used. Vivaldi has improved but still isnt my cup of tea.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Hadnt updated ROSA for a time and what a huge number of updates. Continues to impress me with its overall design and honestly OpenMandriva should have stuck more to ROSA as its base given what I saw of OM in their recent release.
Site Moderator