ROSA R11 released

Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

Re: ROSA R11 released

Post by crosscourt »

5.4 kernel had some issues with my laptop so went back to the 4.15 kernel they still support. 5.4 works fine with the Ubuntu distros so not sure what the issue is.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Changed to the latest 5..4.32 kernel and the develop-latest and it seems to be fine. No graphical issues so far.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

What was a bad exeperience and problems has now become a very stable and up to date RPM distro. As long as you dont mind KDE being at 5.14.4, most apps and kernels are fairly up to date. No further issues after making that initial kernel change and adding the newer versions of Firefox/Thunderbird .
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Rosa is on a roll as they not only added the mdkapplet for update notification but have been updating apps regularly. Bleachbit for instance is finally up to its 4.0 version. They also have a nice feature as it doesnt automatically setup your wifi with authorization as many of my other distros do. You must reauthorize the wifi connection each time you start your system. I wish they would ask for a password though before they update your system. Much better exeperience and has become one of my favorites.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Rosa has a new iso image from April 24 thats UEFI and includes all the updates and runs the 5.4.32 kernel as default. Ran it in a live session and it was a great experience with no issues.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

They are doing a better job of keeping it updated. Firefox 77/Thunderbird 68 and new version of the 5.4 kernel. KDE is still at 5.14.5 and Li breOffice is the 6.1.4 version.
Site Moderator