User experience with PCLinuxOS 2017/11

Discussion on Linux distributions
tlmiller

Re: User experience with PCLinuxOS 2017/11

Post by tlmiller »

So the T430 battery is down to about only an hour before it dies (it's been steadily getting worse since I had it, to be expected from a battery of this age), so I put q4os onto my Acer today (almost done configuring) and I'm going to try using Gentoo and pclos on my Lenovo (I have 3 hard drives for it).
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Let me know how it goes. I do the same thing as I alternate hard drives. Post your experience with Gentoo in a separate thread, thanks CC
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Well, PCLOS got it's last straw. Unable to start X on the live session, so can't install it on the Lenovo EITHER. At this point, I'm done with it, I'm officially declaring that to me, PCLOS is worse than Windows or Ubuntu. At least Windows will install on SOMETHING, and Ubuntu works on pretty much everything I can throw at it. PCLOS failed on 100% of the hardware that I attempted it on with 3 different images (all images verified fine in etcher), 1 of which was the official image.

Switched the USB back to Gentoo, it booted fine, started the install. Got everything set up, copied over the stage 3, chrooted into my install, started building the rest of the system, and realized WHY I hadn't used Gentoo in so long. Hard powered off. :D
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Sorry it didnt work out as in my case PCLOS installed on anything I threw at it,
Site Moderator