My top 5 distros for February 2019

Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

Re: My top 5 distros for February 2019

Post by crosscourt »

Exactly and LinuxInsider.com has a review of Void that was good but they noted the issues with it for some users.
Not my cup of tea.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Im on my testing rigs right now and Im using Neon and Netrunner, the latter I like better. Neon had an issue last time and had a minor meltdown with updating. When I ran it this time it still hadnt updated properly so checked the repos and for some reason a lot of older Xenial repos had been enabled and Synaptic complained they werent supported. Turned those off and the updating went fine. Netrunner updates like a champ and is very up to date in regards to KDE at 5.14.5 as well as other updates. Its based on testing but so far, solid and stable.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

If i was doing my to 5 distros based on my desktops not my laptop/docking station, heres what it would look like.

1.Ubuntu Mate 18.04
2.MX Linux 18
3.Linux Mint 19.1 Mate
4.ROSA R11 KDE
5.Netrunner 19.01
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Mine wouldn't change. My docking station has worked with every OS I have used since buying it. Although to be fair, it's a more generic, USB-based dock.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I may go down that route eventually but right now my choices are tempered by the hardware available. In terms of compatibility, by far ROSA is the best as I can use it however I like.
Site Moderator