Netrunner 19.01 released

Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

Re: Netrunner 19.01 released

Post by crosscourt »

Very pleased with this distro given its based on Debian testing. Ive used distros based on testing like SparkyLinux but Netrunner has been stable, fast and feature rich with no issues.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Huge number of updates including KDE 5.14.5 and a new 4.19 kernel version. With these updates its working fine with my Dell E6420 and the E series dock. Very pleased as I like this distro very much even with some of its niggles, but looking forward to seeing it improve.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Given its using Debian testing, Ive been impressed with its stability and speed. No issues and that hasnt always been the case with Netrunner but this time its been excellent. Frequent updates and apps work well. Extremely nice looking distro with some good features, and doesnt use Discover, instead it uses the Mint update system. My long term experience with it has been excellent. Its presently using KDE 5.14.5 and 4.19.0-4 kernel.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Recent updates have made it feel lighter and faster with lower resource usage as well.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

This is the longest Ive run a particular distro for my personal use as I tend to distrohop quite a bit. Still using it everyday and it continues to be a solid, stable system.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Continuing to enjoy Netrunner and its become my everyday Linux distro. No update issues, love the mix of features that are derived from projects like Mint. When I compare it to Mageia 7 RC, Netrunner is by far the better distro in all respects.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I actually did a Buster install on the new 5289 now that Busters been full freeze for almost 3 months. Even though still TECHINICALLY testing, at this point it's going to be just as stable as stable given how far into the freeze it is.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ill be curious to see how Netrunner does when it moves on to the next testing version.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Unless they have it set up to do like Manjaro does (and delay updates from the parent repo), there will start being things that break after 3-4 months of becoming unfrozen unless one actually reads the warnings. And even then, it'll still happen OCCASIONALLY.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Last two versions of Netrunner have been excellent and Im sure they will work it out. Its become a far more popular distro and gotten back to where it use to be.
Site Moderator