Linux Mint 19.1: The better than ever Linux desktop

Discussion on Linux distributions
CaptNoize

Re: Linux Mint 19.1: The better than ever Linux desktop

Post by CaptNoize »

CC,
From what you've been saying in your reviews about this and other distros,the issue with your Dell has been resolved,not only with this distro,but all the others you use/like. This is where Linux outshines other operating systems since they're willing to learn from the bugs that crop up with their OS's. I couldn't be happier using Linux. Given I'm an amateur compared to the rest of you,I'm totally satisfied...!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I find it fascinating when something like this happens but not all the distros fixed the issue. Mint Mate worked but Ubuntu Mate continues not to work but overall Im very pleased I can use my hardware the way I originally intended.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Last set of updates has really improved the performance and its noticeable. Particularly with the Mate version updates arent coming in batches that often and regular smaller updates are happening sometimes 2-3 times a day.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Was having some issues with my HP printer with 19.1 but it appears new drivers from HP 3.19.3 were released and so far things seem better.
Site Moderator