Linux Mint 19 released

Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

Re: Linux Mint 19 released

Post by crosscourt »

Browser crashes have been solved with recent updates and the minor issues with the mate and Cinnamon versions are gone. XFCE version has been stable and solid all along and is a joy to use. From a user standpoint I really enjoy using Cinnamon and i naturally gravitate towards it. Ive been using it even more than KDE with my other distros. If youve come from Windows youll find Cinnamon very easy to get use to and use, as it improves your work flow.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Im strongly leaning towards making the Cinnamon version my personal distro, even though Ive enjoyed quite a few other distros recently.

It suits both myself and my wife and offers us a very comfortable experience given we both still use Windows at times.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

After having a lot of issues trying to find a distro that works on my Dell EPort Pro3x docking station, with only a few distros that worked, Cinnamon works like a dream.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I still like Cinnamon but honestly its still not quite what I want and I find the XFCE version easier to use with fewer issues. Wish they still had their KDE version.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The recent large update definitely improved the situation with Cinnamon. Some of the special applets still cause issues though and resource usage hasnt improved much at all.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its been running well on both my Compaq desktop and my E6400 including the backlit keyboard. Stopped using the cpu temp applet and went to psensor which doesnt cause any issues.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Getting occasional crashes with Cinnamon when I shut down, a bit curious and restarting Cinnamon doesnt always work.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Recent updates seem to have solved the crash issue at shutdown.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

So my friend at work (the one that was running Manjaro and then switched to neon)got a new laptop, and strangely this is what he's running on it. I knew he was going to leave KDE (KDE doesn't work with DisplayLink adapters), so no Neon, but was surprised that he went to Mint.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its improved a lot and I use it because it works with my E series dock and backlit keyboard. I still prefer Neon and Rosa.
Site Moderator