My top 5 RPM distros

Discussion on Linux distributions
tlmiller

Re: My top 5 RPM distros

Post by tlmiller »

It's not so much "needs" as "what I'm willing to tolerate from an OS". The whole reason I abandoned Windows was becuse there was simply too much that it did that I didn't like. When I moved to LibraNet, I was literally able to get it set up exactly as I wanted in every way. I'm an exceedingly unforgiving person in what I use. I want things that are EXACTLY as I want, and if whatever it is can't provide it, I don't forgive...
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Yes you are tlmiller! ;)

I want certain things but Im not excessively picky and in many cases I find I like some differences and accept them.. A pure Mandriva fan would never accept Rosa as it is but in my case I like the differences. Ease of use, getting things done quickly without a hassle and easy to maintain. Im from the Linus Torvald school based on his comments about what he wants from a distro.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

If you think I'm picky in OS's, you should see how I abuse car salesmen!! If anything, I'm even MORE demanding when I go to buy a car!!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Any video I can watch? ;)

Im picky when it counts like with my job but Im not with computers. For as long as i can remember ,Ive never had the perfect experience with computers or software, but as long as its within a certain tolerance range, Im good.
Site Moderator