ROSA R10- recent upgrade to R11

Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

Re: ROSA R10

Post by crosscourt »

I checked Firefox 60.2 in PCLinuxOS and the feature you mentioned is disabled by default, Mageia same,OpenMandriva same. Rosa appears to have either a bug or they did something by choice. OpenMandriva and Rosa are linked at the hip, so I dont understand why OM is ok and Rosa has it enabled by default.
Also cant explain why the first test on Rosa should it disabled by default. It hasnt happened since.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Yeah, it's driving me nuts. I hate the "tabs in recently used" as it takes me forever to figure out how to get to the tab I want. I'm betting it's an error, as when I close Firefox, it actually deletes the preference that controls that from the prefs.js file. Then recreates upon opening. If I manually create the line in prefs.js, it simply overwrites it upon re-opening firefox.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I use private browsing mode all the time so tabs are meaningless to me. Im sure in your case that wouldnt be an option.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I use private browsing a lot for work (not really because I care about private browsing, just because I need to have the same site opened with multiple logins), but yeah, personally, I very rarely use it. I get mostly the same effect as I have all my browsers set to delete all cache, cookies, data upon closing (using an extension to accomplish that on Chromium).
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I only use Firefox most of the time so it comes in handy. I also clear everything upon closing and use bleachbit to purge anything missed.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I've found with the newer Firefox if you set up the preferences correctly, there's not much it misses. It used to leave website data, but now even has the ability to delete that upon closing. Still not yet perfect, but there's not a lot it misses now.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Thats ok as private browsing mode makes sure of that.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Fair number of updates including Firefox 60.2 and Mesa 18.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Enjoying Rosa a lot and considering using it as my steady distro if the long term testing goes well. It offers more than Neptune(extra apps and FF60 Quantum) and I prefer KDE so it gives me what MX17 cant.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I've already wiped it. The Firefox issue is a complete deal breaker for me. Not having my preferred browser be usable for myself is just...absolutely infuriating (also why I can't use any distro that offers ONLY Firefox 52).