ROSA R10- recent upgrade to R11

Discussion on Linux distributions
tlmiller

Re: ROSA R10- recent upgrade to R11

Post by tlmiller »

Yeah, most of the themes I use are dark. Or blue themes. I would love to have a nice bright yellow theme, but I have only been able to find a single yellow theme for plasma and it was AWFUL.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I really like the theme netrunner is using with 19.01 but it wont work with my dock nor backlit keyboard. Rosa though overall is a faster distro.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I'm actually using ROSA tonight (you may have guessed from the fact that I posted my desktop). Been running very well. Definitely the fastest RPM distro currently that I've touched.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Once I saw the updates, improved performance and it worked with my dock/backlit keyboard, it was a no brainer. Given Ive made the switch to using a laptop/dock along with a desktop MX Linux and Rosa are all Im using right now. Mint 19.1 Cinnamon also works fine but I still dont like it as much as Rosa. MX Linux doesnt support my dock/keyboard so its a no go. I use it with my portables i dont use with my dock.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its interesting as the Rosa desktop fresh theme originally had a very lite gray panel color but recently it had become much darker after updates. I was trying some new themes last night and went ahead and returned to the Rosa fresh as default, rebooted and the lighter panel color was back. Its a bit odd but seems to be working fine now.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Rosa seems much faster than many of my other KDE distros like Kubuntu for instance. I agree with tlmiller that Rosa is the fastest of the RPM distros so far.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

yeah, ROSA's really doing things right recently. Their forums are DEAD (in the english speaking forums, there's only been like 3 posts so far in 2019), but the Russian forums are quite lively (not that i have a clue what they're saying). But overall, it's a really good distro that will never probably catch on THAT well simply for being Russian.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its a shame and many dont realize that OpenMandriva is based on Rosa.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Is it still though? I mean, switching to DNF from URPM{I,E,Q} seems kinda HUGE if they're still going to based off ROSA going forward. Or have they at this point just split from ROSA completely now?
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

To my knowledge they are still using Rosa but lets see what happens with LX4.0.
Site Moderator