Open Mandriva Lx 3.03

Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

Re: Open Mandriva Lx 3.03

Post by crosscourt »

When I installed it, it sent it to kfilebox, clicked on that and it installed Dropbox without issue and asked me to register to use it. It asked if I wanted a gtk install or to just link to the account. I chose link to account and the Dropbox icon is now in the panel waiting for me to register.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Yeah, it runs a python script, you must not have python 3 installed. Odd, wonder why I do...
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its listed in hidden icons as kfilebox which acts as a gui for KDE and I can click and run Dropbox.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

kfilebox is available in urpmi as well but I intially spotted it in the welcome center as Dropbox and thought it would be the easier choice.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Yes, the installer simply installs a python file and some icons, which the script does everything. You can see the python script with vi /usr/bin/dropbox. It's rather long (kate actually will complain that it's too long for the default parameters to load), that script does all the checking of it's installed, launching the gui installer, starting the daemon, etc. But it's a python2 script, so if you have python3 on your system, it won't launch with it's default set.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Seems to work fine and have had no issues nor warnings so far.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Yeah, once I updated the script to point to python2 executable, mine works exactly as it should. Which means I have python3 installed, and you don't. Not sure WHY I have python3 installed...
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

No Python 3 that I can discern on my system. Im using a stock install with few changes.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

So I set to remove python3, and apparently pysol (not pysolfc) is why I have python3. So that answers that...

On other news, I really do hate this laptop. 15" laptops are (IMO) just too big and bulky, even when they're slim ultrabook style.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Nice pickup as its an app Im not running. I was just searching for an answer online and a Google search brought up Pysol as a source of Python.
Site Moderator