Korora Project to take an extended break

Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

Korora Project to take an extended break

Post by crosscourt »

Looks more like they are not going to develop Korora any longer. The quick cycle of Fedora releases takes a toll on a 3 man team and it looks like theyve had enough. Nothing to indicate when they will be back if ever.

https://kororaproject.org/about/news/time-for-a-break
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Korora Project to take an extended break

Post by crosscourt »

First Void Linux loses its founder, now Korora abandons ship. Pay attention to who develops the distros you use otherwise they may walk away one day and youre left high and dry.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

It appears now that the Korora dev team is done due to money and time constraint issues. Backslash Linux is an other suffering the same fate.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

It appears the community has stepped forward and is in beta testing of Korora 28 XFCE. They seem to be following directly in the footsteps of the devs so lets see how soon it becomes a standard release. I always enjoyed Korora and love to be able to use it again. The mainstream, newbie friendly version of Fedora.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I've used it, it works fine, but I found no good reason to use it over the KDE respin of base Fedora. For me, it offered not a single advantage, and in fact installed more things that I didn't want installed than the "base" Fedora did.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Youre not a mainstream user so not surprised. I preferred Korora over Fedora as everything I typical want is already included.
Site Moderator