Void Linux

Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

Re: Void Linux

Post by crosscourt »

Not even LXDE? It doesnt have as many features but its tolerable for a KDE user.

Looks like Void had been voided.......
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I'm not at all a fan of LXDE. I can TOLERATE LXQT, but still not a fan as it's just missing tooooooo many features that I want, and I can only use it for very short amounts of time before I get fed up with it's limitations.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Interesting. I like KDE and use it quite a bit but Im really tied to any one DE and use quite a few. Gnome 3 I dont like but have used it otherwise, XFCE,LXQT,LXDE,Mate,Fluxbox,Cinnamon, and a few others are just fine

Not using TDE any more but also not using Q4OS any more, even though Im playing with the PCLinuxOS TDE version a little.

You hate XFCE but its become my favorite overall. We can at least agree on KDE.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Cinnamon is on par with LXQT for me. It's the only other desktop I can NEARLY tolerate to work in for any extended amount of time.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Both Cinnamon and LXQT are good DEs. Im learning to like Cinnamon but its a tiny bit cranky and Ive had some issues with it but nothing major.

I like LXDE better than LXQT but neither are that important to me.

In terms of pure stability XFCE is by far the best on all my systems.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

XFCE is just...FUGLY to me. I've tried to make it look nice, but I just haven't been able to.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

No offense but XFCE is far from FUGLY and Im running it with MX17, Mint and Linux Lite and its a great looking desktop.
Mint uses it and the desktop pretty much looks like Windows 7 but you can change it to your hearts content.

The only DE I dislike is Gnome 3.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Our tastes are probably different. I find XFCE to be horribly ugly. I've spent days trying to theme it and I just can't find a theme that I can bear to look at. Everything I do just screams Gnome2 or MacOS to me, and I want nothing that looks like either of those.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Gnome 2 or MacOS ????? None of my XFCE desktops look even remotely close to either of those. Gnome 2/Mate now has additional interfaces so it really doesnt look like the old Gnome 2 any more.

Only the older XFCE implementations look like MacOS and I honestly havent seen one in quite sometime and I use a lot of XFCE with over 15 distros.

Our tastes cant be that different as I like Cinnamon and KDE just as you do.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

You should create a thread with some screenshots of your XFCE. The only XFCE I've used recently (last 6 months) is Gallium OS, and I managed to use that a whole 2 hours before I had to put something on there to replace it.