What happened to Netrunner?

Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

What happened to Netrunner?

Post by crosscourt »

They cancelled the rolling Manjaro version and 21.01 released in early 202,1 is stuck on Debian 10.7. Did Blue Systems decide to can it or are there other issues? It was typically a top 50 distro with a nice design but still nothing. Webpage still exists and its a nice looking website. Forums asking the same question but really no answers.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: What happened to Netrunner?

Post by crosscourt »

Some users are doing their own upgrade to Debian 11 but this has some issues. Given their association with Blue Systems who owns Kubuntu as well, not sure why they havent updated Netrunner.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Appears they are forcing users to do manual upgrades to Debian 11 which for me is completely nuts. If you want to popularize your distro, this isnt the way to go.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

crosscourt wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 1:54 am Appears they are forcing users to do manual upgrades to Debian 11 which for me is completely nuts. If you want to popularize your distro, this isnt the way to go.
That's a bit of an understatement.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Whats Blue Systems thinking as its one of their supported projects along with Kubuntu.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

So never really followed Netrunner but I HAVE followed Kubuntu for years. And to be honest, it's always been a bit rubbish. Was NEVER as stable as the gnome version of Uubntu, nor was it as stable as KDE Neon when that was released. It's always had issues and been crap. So...maybe they just genuinely don't care?
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Netrunner was very popular and based On Ubuntu originally. A very unique and creatively designed distro, but something happened. They went Debian and lost all the creativity and features and were based on the Unstable branch. They eventually went Stable and lost all that made it so fun to use and thus where they are now.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Blue Systems is a huge supporter of KDE but maybe theyve decided to support Kubuntu exclusively and back off Netrunner. I would go back to the unique Netrunner and run with it.
Site Moderator