Fedora 35 is out.

Discussion on Linux distributions
wove

Fedora 35 is out.

Post by wove »

You can get it at <https://getfedora.org>.

I have had Fedora Silverblue up and running on the IdeaCentre now for a month. I have to say that every OS and distro out there could learn about updates by taking a look at Silverblue. Since all the applications are flatpaks, they were all updated to Gnome 41 versions a couple weeks ago. The file system is btrfs so the updates are downloaded, then I do not know how, but they are moved into place and all that is required is a restart. The old version is preserved, so if the update messes up all that is required is to restart and select the old version in the Grub menu. I have never seen anything on any OS that was so simple and fool proof. Be aware it destroys the ego, you can no longer pretend to be a linux ninja, you are just another computer using smuck who can click a button.

I am impressed. All versions and editions of Fedora are available today. The KDE version of SilverBlue, Kinoite, is released and the destkop now includes an LxQT version.
crosscourt

Re: Fedora 35 is out.

Post by crosscourt »

Havent used Fedora since 29 and recently Ive pretty much stopped using RPM distros. I still have PCLinuxOS and Mageia on test drives.
Site Moderator