MX Linux 21 released

Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

MX Linux 21 released

Post by crosscourt »

Includes versions using, XFCE,KDE and Fluxbox. More here, https://distrowatch.com/11379
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: MX Linux 21 released

Post by crosscourt »

Just installed MX21 and its very nice. Installer has changed slightly but no issues and it went very quickly. Choice of apps for me was excellent. I didnt have to add many apps at all. It uses 5.20.5 KDE and the 5.10 kernel. Mostly minor issues like some icons not showing up in other plasma styles, Firefox 93 and Thunderbird are installed an thru the MX package installer I added Chrome. The MX package installer has a huge range oi apps in a variety of categories. Memory usage initially was 540mb but that will probably shake out after Ive run it awhile. No issues with hardware so far and overall performance is excellent. Ill post back once Ive tested multimedia and battery performance.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Multimedia was fine but one small niggle. When I reboot the system it doesnt auto activate my wifi connection that was previously setup. It only requires a single click but most of my other KDE distros dont do it this way. Given how new this release is Im sure some of this will be corrected.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

They fixed a few things involving the plasma themes but hoping they will fix the rest of the issues though minor.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

A few more fixes with some of the graphical glitches and hoping for more.
Site Moderator