Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

Bodhi Linux 6.0.0 released

Post by crosscourt »

Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Bodhi Linux 6.0.0 released

Post by crosscourt »

Ever since they moved to Moksha I really havent enjoyed Bodhi. I preferred Enlightenment over the move to Moksha. Trying to be different can work sometimes but in this case it caused more issues than it solved.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Although Moksha is based on E17 still, just with newer features backported to it.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Thats my issue as Moksha took out some of the more fun things about using Bodhi with Enlightenment.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Gave it a try but unfortunately Moksha still hasnt improved enough and really doesnt suit my tastes. I will say it was stable and there were few issues but compared to the Enlightenment days of this distro it just doesnt stack up.
Site Moderator
wove

Post by wove »

The fellow that started Bodhi has left the project. Enlightenment was the original window manager for gnome. A few years back Enlightenment (around e17) decided they needed to update quicker and in tne intervening few years they have have moved to e25. It seems like something of a train wreck, lots of bugs, a lack of cohesive direction in features. It was my understanding that Moksha was simply at attempt to hang of to the parts of e17 that they found useful when rapid development of Enlightenment was running into many bugs and regressions. I always liked Bodhi's ISOs you could go very minimal on software or download a more fleshed out ISO if you chose to and they offered various pre built packages for say graphics, or multimedia, or office.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The creator of Bodhi returned to the project in mid 2015. I interviewed Jeff Hoogland when I was running distroratings.com. Im aware of the many issues theyve had over that time, but Moksha though is quite a change for those of us who originally used E17 with Bodhi. I no longer need light distros so Ive moved on from those days as KDE has really turned into a nice DE.
I ran distroratings.com with a friend from Arstechnica for 3 years and we went a bit more in depth on distros, with performance and additional user reviews. I had just finished a stint at Arstechnica and we decided to give it a try.
Site Moderator