Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon

Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

Re: Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon

Post by crosscourt »

Continually getting Gnome daemon keyring error that prevents shutdown on a fairly large number of shutdowns. This was one of many issues i originally had with Cinnamon back when I first tried it and it seems its not been solved with this version. Some get it at startup as well.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Heres more info on the best five features of Mint Cinnamon, www.lxer.com/module/newswire/ext_link.php?rid=252731
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Last update system seems to be a bit more stable and no Gnome daemon warnings so far.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Still getting some odd graphical issues online that dont happen with my other distros. Ive had bad experiences with distros using Gnome Shell and resource usage also tends to be pretty high.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Recent updates seem to have solved a few issues, there may be hope here. I would like to look at using this as my primary OS down the road. My wife likes it as well and could be a great distro for her.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

More updates tonight and more issues fixed it appears. Like what Im seeing and Ill do more testing to make sure stability really has improved.
This distro comes really close to the perfect OS for Windows crossover users.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ok just installed it on my main pc, wife seems to like it and its running very well after recent updates. Will begin testing and running apps and doing a few projects to simulate uses for her business purposes. Long term testing to see how it will work out to replace Windows.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I just tried Mint 18.3 Cinnamon on my HP desktop. It uses an AMD processor. I did like the way it presents itself. It has pretty much all the necessary apps you'd want. Went thru the menu and found all the basic media players,but could add more(personal choice) Mint has a really large selections of desktop backgrounds to select from. Real nice looking ones,too. It kinda locked up while i was surfing the backgrounds,but no big deal. It wasn't installed,just testing.
I must say however,at this point,for me, I wouldn't install it over Linux MX17. I still think MX17 has more features,and just "feels" right.I would definitely install it over Ubuntu Mate,tho.
Last edited by CaptNoize on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

No doubt MX17 in my opinion is one of the best distros out there right now. Cinnamon uses Gnome Shell so it has minor issues at times but the recent updates have solved most of those and I would rate it as a stable distro. Its full featured, includes many apps and its GUI is easy to use.

Once you install it and get the updates you shouldnt see any issues.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Things continue to improve as errors and graphical issues seem to have improved with the updates yesterday. Spped has improved as well amd Ill be using it quite a bit this weekend so I can confirm its stability.
Site Moderator