Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

Q4OS 3.13 released

Post by crosscourt »

Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Q4OS 3.13 released

Post by crosscourt »

Will try and test this new version over the weekend.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

No issues at all but no updates in regards to the KDE version which is still 5.14.5 and kernel which is still 4.19. All recent versions of Thunderbird, Firefox and Chrome.
Site Moderator
bin

Post by bin »

Well, with Bullseye heading towards a freeze I wouldn't expect to see any changes under the hood - I'l be trying the TDE version later today.

"several specific Q4OS enhancements" - wish they'd be a bit less coy about what.

Work on printers is always welcome - I hope it does the job for those who need it. I doubt it will affect my 17 year old Laserjet :)
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I installed the KDE version and did a live session with the TDE version and both ran very well. I also dont use backports so havent looked at the effect of newer kernels with these versions. In my case printer support has been excellent but given that the Q4OS KDE version is really just an enhanced Debian version thats not surprising.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I have to say this is the best TDE version Ive used with Q4OS and almost all the niggles I had with it before seem to be gone. Given how well the KDE version runs on my much older hardware not sure if I would use TDE.
Site Moderator