Q4OS Centaurus 3.12 KDE

Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

Q4OS Centaurus 3.12 KDE

Post by crosscourt »

Ive begun using it with my older laptops as it runs lighter than my other KDE distros. Its using around 353-372mbs at GUI and has an overall fast feel.
Has no issues seeing the older hardware including wifi and no power management issues. Extremely fast distro to install and with its 895mb iso you can even use a CD to install. Only flaw is the live dvd doesnt eject before reboot after installation.
For older hardware its extremely stable and uses an older kernel but has excellent variety of apps installed. If you prefer a smaller install or a minimal install the desktop profiler at install can be used as well as a full desktop with browsers/office suite.
The Q4OS software installer includes many apps you can install with one click. I also like the fact that they include Chrome and Firefox.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Q4OS Centaurus 3.12 KDE

Post by crosscourt »

I still marvel at the fact that they dont include any Q4OS branded wallpapers, its all Debian. The info page also lists it as Debian vs say Netrunner also based on Debian at least branding itself as Netrunner.
Site Moderator