Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

Zorin OS 15.3 released

Post by crosscourt »

Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Zorin OS 15.3 released

Post by crosscourt »

Updated my install of 15.2 and a lot of the bugs have been fixed, the kernel and some of the base software have been updated. Some added graphics goodies and network app seems faster but so far its excellent in terms of speed and stability. Resource usage is also down about 10% at least with my system.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Tested 15.3 on my dock and it still works with no issues. So many distros you have to open up the laptop and select the monitor as the primary display to get it to work, but not with Zorin.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I updated Zorin Lite tonight and its a very nice XFCE distro that doesnt use the usual XFCE menu. It instead uses Zorin's custom menu, which is also used with Zorin Core. Really nicely done with all the same customizations you have with the Core version. Resource usage is in the 450-500mb range which is good for a distro using a custom DE but hugely lighter than the Core version that uses 1.2-1.3gb. For those of you who like XFCE but want something thats more customized and easier on the eye and easy to use, you should check out Zorin Lite.
Site Moderator