MX19.1 reinstall experience

Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

MX19.1 reinstall experience

Post by crosscourt »

Just reinstalled MX19.1 and what a nice distro. For those who dont like XFCE they have other DEs you can choose but I wanted to try XFCE and see how it went. Love the MXTools, welcome screen is very useful, fast install, updates went fine and the MX package installer had the updated kernels along with other apps like Chrome. Didnt take long to finish the install and all hardware was working fine. They also offer the codecs install and they had a nice dark theme that I happen to prefer. No issues with apps, multimedia or simple games so far. Ill report back once Ive used it more on my Dell E6420.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: MX19.1 reinstall experience

Post by crosscourt »

I have to say I think I like MX18 better than MX19.1 even though the differences and issues are small.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

perhaps you're right CC. But ,I 'll take it any day over Q4OS.... just my personal opinion. When their moderator chastised me for asking a simple question, I was done with them. I didn't really enjoy using that distro. It always seemed " lacking" something to me. That's the only way I can describe it. I didn't like the fact that MX- 19 wouldn't migrate. You have to do a new install to upgrade to it.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

A lot of distros are like that when they change major versions, Mint for instance and LinuxLite. MX19.1 is very nice and I love MXTools. My Q4OS stint ended today.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Really enjoying MX19.1 and I see they changed the date and time adjustment to a more standard design. Updating has been improved and resource usage with recent updates has dropped a bit.
Site Moderator