My top 5 distros for October 2019

Discussion on Linux distributions
tlmiller

Re: My top 5 distros for October 2019

Post by tlmiller »

Mine will probably change too. Not much though, basically Neon will probably get punished for not supporting the AX200 and might drop back below Arch. My favorites don't change very much overall I've realized. :D
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Initially it wont change too much but as I try other distros it may change completely.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive been using Mint a lot as the newest version of Cinnamon is very nice. Neon tends to have some minor issues at times, but nothing thats a dealbreaker, just annoying.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Might give ROSA/Mageia another look now that Im using the desktop.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Couldnt bring myself to using the RPMs. Ive been spoiled heavily by the other distros Ive been using.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its gotten down to the point where Im using Neon, Mint and a Debian 10 distro and thats it, the first two most of the time. Even though I test, honestly Mint and Neon have been the best distros Ive used in quite some time.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I installed Neptune on my Samsung last night. Hasn't impressed me. Lots of little issues. Won't remember to connect to wifi (even though the "automatically connect" is checked. It does remember the password, the second I click "connect" it's connected. It just won't do it automatically. It also won't allow me to log out. It automatically logs me back in. So it works, but a base Debian 10 + KDE certainly does work better.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Neptune has been inconsistent this time around and Im going to get rid of it and probabaly install Neon on my E6440. Q4OS 3.9 KDE or should I say Debian 10 has been the most consistent Debian 10 distro so far with KDE.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I tried Lubuntu 19.10, oddly I couldn't get it to install on the Samsung. Does not seem to like multiple drive installations.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Debian 10 whether its Q4OS or Debian 10 itself has impressed me as its conservative, almost boring but everything works, no surprises and the install process didnt take long. Im typing on it now and even though I miss some of the added features Mint has and it isnt as up to date as Neon, it has its own charm. Could be some huge changes in my top 5 this time around.
Site Moderator