Linux Mint 19.2 released

Discussion on Linux distributions
tlmiller

Re: Linux Mint 19.2 released

Post by tlmiller »

I've always felt that Cinnamon was a desktop that had "great potential". But I didn't care for it the way it was.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I think it needs to change more as it doesnt flow well with me versus KDE 5. Printers in KDE 5 for instance get a cleaner, better designed interface versus Mint that has a clunky far more simple design.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

A lot of new features Ive enjoying using so far, as well as improvements,
www.linuxmint.com/rel_tina_cinnamon_whatsnew.php

Boot repair and the kernel manager are very nice features for inexperienced users.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Im still getting use to the differences and shortcomings with the Cinnamon UI but overall. I like it a lot. Many of their new features like boot repair and the kernel manager are nice. Many little tweaks along with improvements in speed, less resource usage and more themes with the ability to completely configure your experience. Second install went just as well as the first and never had to do anything for the distro to see I was using an external monitor.
Very few apps to install and the selection of apps is excellent, not too many or too little.

This is a winner for me as it fits my present needs extremely well and we will see how this goes in long term use.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Really liking Cinnamon so far as Ive used it more and its a tough call as to whether I like it or KDE better. The recent changes in Cinnamon have really made it more to my liking after playing with it a bit. Ive been in search for a single distro to use for quite some time for my personal use, rather than switching off all the time.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive been using it as my main desktop now and have grown to like Cinnamon far more than I thought I would.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I'd say it's my 3rd favorite DE after Plasma and Trinity.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

If you had asked me that a few weeks ago it would have been KDE but right now Id rate KDE and Cinnamon for me as dead even as a DEs.
Site Moderator