Zorin OS 15 released

Discussion on Linux distributions
crosscourt

Re: Zorin OS 15 released

Post by crosscourt »

Recent updates have really sped up the boot on Zorin 15 and resource usage dropped a bit more. Overall performance for a Gnome Shell OS is very good in my general use.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

They updated the 4.18 kernel to the 5.0 kernel in the last set of updates. LOng term testing has been excellent. Resource usage has improved as it use to be 1.3gb at GUI but now its 1.05gb. Regardless of that its a very guick performing distro and for laptop users and excellent choice given it supports touch features with ease and has no issues switching back and forth between an external monitor or the laptop. Its the only distro so far Ive been using that does this easily and even during install you dont need to indicate that an external monitor is in use. Many distros I have to open my laptop and click on use external monitor.

Theyve improved auto install of printers and I was even able to get my Canon printer to be seen. No wifi issues at all and the Windows like menu for most users is easy to use and get use to. Windows crossover users will find Zorin easy to jump in and use.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Just reinstalled on my new Adata SU630 SSD with no problems. Great OS for the mainstream user, particularly Windows crossover users. Boot time went from 40 seconds to 8 and overall feel is really quick.
Site Moderator