crosscourt

Netrunner 19.08 released

Post by crosscourt »

First release based on Debian 10, https://distrowatch.com/10644
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Re: Netrunner 19.08 released

Post by crosscourt »

Downloaded it last night and was pleasantly surprised at how well the live dvd ran. Nice selection of apps, most are ones I use regularly. They dont use Discover but instead use a version of the Mint update system but also inlcude Synaptic. Debian 10 based at this point and tends to get updates faster than my other Debian 10 distros. Will probably install it over the weekend but after a tough week, Im just gonna cruise if I can.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

No problems installing and typing on it now. Has a fast feel to it and had no issues whatsoever. Very few apps tp install and no updates presently. Printer and wifi worked like a charm and even though they include Discover, the update manager is the default, Synaptic also there. Multimedia tests went fine and resource usage upon reboot at GUI was 589mb, 140 higher that KDE Neon.

Ill post back once Ive used it more but so far excellent. Hate the wallpaper though they came up with.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

So far its been very stable and quick. No major issues a few minor ones Im sure they will work out but nothing that spoils the experience.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

My only complaint outside of the hideous wallpaper is it takes a bit too much time to boot.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Boot time has improved with recent updates and I made a few changes of my own but still stable, fast and easy to use.
Site Moderator