Just saying hi.

A place you can introduce yourself or just say hi to everyone.
wove

Just saying hi.

Post by wove »

I found this site by following in link from the Q4OS forum. The site is usable from Konqueror which is nice, for most sites are not. Since this site has an RSS feed, I subscribed and have been reading posts for a bit in Kontact, before signing up for an account.

I learned Cobal and Basic in the 1960s and picked up 6502 assembly in the 1970s, then decided computer programing was a horrid way to make a living and switched to building pipe organs. I used Macs for the 80s and 90s, then bought a boxed set of SUSE to install on a Powerbook 5300. It was a crappy Linux laptop and I switched over to using Thinkpads. I used KDE for the longest time, but have become more and more disillusioned with it. Overall I have become disillusioned with the state of most software.

In any event I have enjoyed reading the posts on the forum and expect I will continue to do so.

Stay safe and have a good day
bill
crosscourt

Re: Just saying hi.

Post by crosscourt »

Nice to see you wove and looking forward to reading your posts. I also learned Cobol and Basic and played a bit with assembly language but its been way too many years. I had an aunt who not only built pipe organs but was a performer as well.

Glad you enjoyed the posts!! CC
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Re: Just saying hi.

Post by tlmiller »

Welcome to the forums! I never learned Cobol. Learned Basic, but don't really remember much.