All good things...

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
tlmiller

All good things...

Post by tlmiller »

Must come to an end. With that in mind, I got rid of my Mustang today. She's been replaced with:

CaptNoize

Re: All good things...

Post by CaptNoize »

Is this new..?
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Love the color as it reminds me of the lime green Barracudas back in my younger days.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Not new, 2013.

This is the color I had originally wanted when I started considering a Mustang like 4 or 5 years ago. They only made it for 2 years (2013 & 2014) then discontinued this green. At the time I could find nothing in this color with a 6-speed manual. AFter I ended up getting a FR-S, my friend bought a V-6 automatic in this color. He knew that I never stopped wanting the green Mustang though, so he actually saw this for sale, and sent it to me.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I'm a "Craygar" style mags and raised white letters kinda guy,...but this looks R&R...!! :twisted:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Craygers are great and love the white letter look. My 1970 Charger back in the day had both.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I do like the white letter look. So far I'm definitely happy with it. The clutch isn't the healthiest, but that's kinda to be expected. After all, this is a VERY high performance car for the price. So the original owner abusing the clutch isn't exactly shocking. It's NOWHERE near as bad as the 2012 clutch was when I bought it though. It at least works fine for normal driving, and LIMITED spirited driving. But you try to really push the car for any length of time, and the clutch performance goes into the gutter. So pressure plate is definitely going to be my first major purchase. Not a big deal, I honestly expected the clutch to be worse. Took me 2 days to find the limits of the clutch, which means it's not horrendously beat yet.

Since I can no longer do tire rotations (staggered), if my driving thus far is any indication, my second purchase will be rear tires. They're definitely NOT being treated in a manner that's conducive to an extended lifespan.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Let's go rip it up tonight...! Oh... I forgot.... I'm 2500 miles away :lol: :shock:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I tried to abuse my rear tires on the Charger but it had a positraction rearend which made it a bit tough to do.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I like to slide my rear end while cornering. Pretty easy in this car. I haven't really tried to do burnouts though.
CaptNoize wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:14 pm Let's go rip it up tonight...! Oh... I forgot.... I'm 2500 miles away :lol: :shock:
Would be fun. Driving is one thing that you can REALLY do here in AZ. Since it's clear and dry for...well...basically always, if you don't mind having to drive with the AC and the increased tire wear of high temps, it's ALWAYS driving weather.