That's gonna leave a mark...

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
tlmiller

That's gonna leave a mark...

Post by tlmiller »

So, sold my Ford Fiesta yesterday (the car my wife drove, she has left and didn't want to take the car, so asked me to sell it and just put the money in her account), and wasn't in the mood to get an uber or lyft home, so I just walked. 11.5 miles. Got a small blister on my right foot for my troubles. REALLY regret my choice of shoes. :D

If you're wondering, I've kinda seen my wife and I's split coming for a while. WE love each other greatly, but living together we basically want to kill each other. We're polar opposites on how we do EVERYTHING it seems, and so we were constantly bickering about little things. She's also been depressed about feeling that her career was going nowhere (master's degree and her full time job is cleaning resorts), and then one of her best friends in the US and she got into a really nasty argument recently. So no ill will towards each other, but it just wasn't working with us living together. We were both miserable. So she returned to Mexico.

At this point, I'm still in the honeymoon phase of being "single" again (still legally married). I'm enjoying sleeping an entire night without anyone moving over and pushing me out of the bed. I'm enjoying not finding silverware under the furniture. Enjoying not finding clothes just all over the floor. etc. etc. etc. so right at the moment, I'm honestly probably happier than I've been in years. Except for the whole I'm limping around due to the blister. Oh, and my arms a bit sun burnt, although not horrendously bad. I examined the shoes I wore when I got home, and yeah, I RAELLY shouldn't have worn them. They were falling apart inside!! Got rid of them, will need to find replacements. They were my sketchers slip-ons. SOOOOOOO comfy to just throw on and run out to get a bite to eat, or go to a movie, etc., but not very good for extended walking.
crosscourt

Re: That's gonna leave a mark...

Post by crosscourt »

She left for Mexico and youre still married, so youre going to divorce at some point? Im sorry things didnt work out but its tough when people are polar opposites. My wife and I have been married 44 years and have gone thru many stages and problems over the years, but we always find common ground.
My wife is very independent working woman and we dont have kids so we both focused a lot on our professional lives and fit in the personal time when we could.

If it were me Id have jammed a bicycle somewhere in the car and riden back, I hate Uber and Lyft.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I don't own a bike. :D

I had originally intended to uber it. I don't like uber or lyft,and previously would have just had my wife follow me in another car and bring me back. But when I got done, I realized I had nothing to do for the rest of the day, and no great desire to get home quick, and it was BEAUTIFUL out, so decided to walk. I think had I worn better shoes, I'd have been fine as I made REALLY good time for about 5 miles until my foot started to hurt a little. I even considered at that point just getting an Uber still, but didn't want to set and WAIT for them to get there, so just kept walking.

Yeah, I think my wife would have been fine here if not for the issues with her friend and work happening at the same time. The biggest thing for her was that she has a masters degree, but because it was from Mexico, the US wouldn't recognize it, so to US jobs, she had no college whatsoever. So her career was going nowhere to her.

It is a bummer, but it's not like it was a bad breakup, and I dare say we'll both be happier in the end.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

TL
I feel for you,man. I was down that road in 1990, I was married for 4 years,dated her for 9. Everything went to Hell after we got married. My wife was BiPolar,as well as an alcoholic, and that made things even worse. I lost a home(paid for)cars,furniture, etc. We didn't have kids,so I made a clean break. I thumbed my nose to her,and went out on the road,with Damn Yankees/Bad Co. doing stage work.
I would much rather be alone,and lonely,as to be with someone and miserable. Just remember, the dating scene sucks,well,here at least. And the ones you find online,are more nuts than the ones that you find in the bars,and taverns. I avoid both. Good Luck.