Rush-ing Out

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Rush-ing Out

Post by CaptNoize »

I was watching/listening to Rush on YouTube this weekend while reccovering from my stint in the I.C.U., and even tho they called it quits, I don't think 90% of the world doesn't realize how incredibly good these 3 guys are. I grew up listening/playing Rush in bands I was in...I'm a schooled musician(guitarist) and sound engineer. My first professional job I worked as a sound tech was in 1977,working 2 nights with Rush,on their Farewell To Kings tour. Suffice it to say, I didn't like anything after the "Signals" album, but these guys rocked...! If you,re not familiar with their songs, check out Red Barchetta and Limelight. For those of you who love sci.fi....2112 and Hemispheres... is a MUST LISTEN...! :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D
tlmiller

Re: Rush-ing Out

Post by tlmiller »

I think they were one of the most impressive bands (musically) I've ever seen in concert. It was AWESOME to watch Neil get ready. He would literally be surrounded 360* by his set. During the 90's I got to see them in concert multiple times. One of the greatest bands, and unlike many, even their late stuff in the 90's and 2000's was sstill REALLY REALLY good!!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Rush was amazing, still one of my all time favorites.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

When "Hemispheres" came out, I was playing in a 3 piece band. We were playing locally and we were known for doing some really hard songs. We played many songs from "All The World's A Stage" as well Triumphs' Blinding Light Show and Rock and Roll machine.. It took me 6 months(practicing 4 hours a day) to learn "Cygnus X1 Book II.....you can't believe how difficult it is to get that just perfect. There was no YouTube back then,it was all learned by ear...!!! :o :shock: :o :shock:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I can believe it as I was a professional musician out of high school with my wife and did a lot of studio work.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Excellent.... A true artisan...!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Didnt last long as studio work began to die with the advent of synthesizers and the use of prepackaged music.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Yes...that was the demise of alot of symphonic instruments. Do you play keyboards or synths..?
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Im a Saxophonist but I also play Clarinet and Flute.
Site Moderator