Happy Holidays! from All Things Linux

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
tlmiller

Re: Happy Holidays! from All Things Linux

Post by tlmiller »

I'm actually super happy since moving to a small company, it's COMPLETELY different. When the last IT manager left (found a job literally 5 minutes from his home instead of over an hour with traffic), and the other SA basically stopped working, 2 weeks later he was no longer with the company. When we had power outtages and my intern and I were doing 13 hour days trying to get everything shut down safely, monitoring, then bringing everything back up successfully, that week we got gift cards as a way of saying thanks for doing all the extra work. After many years at VZW, it's quite odd, but feels wonderful to be treated like a person, not a number.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Let me tell you about the "gift cards" they gave some of the workers 2 years ago. After busting ass for 10 weeks,the postal service showed their "appreciation" by giving $5.00 McDonald's gift cards...(wow)...then, they sent out a notice that taxes were owed on it...!!! Really..!? Are you kidding me???! I was never offered a "gift card", if they would have, I'd have told them to shove it.. :evil: :evil: :evil: :x That's how much they "appreciate" us..... :x :evil:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

tlmiller dont I wish it was like your situation but I may be able to leave the company and work directly for the property next year where I live.

Capt thats incredibly bad. Theres no comradery or respect anymore.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

CC, you and TL show me more respect and comradery,on here, than any of the management,has ever shown me at that place. Isn't that a SAD comment on today's workplace situations...??? ! :( :shock: :evil:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

It is Capt. I get along ok with my property manager but we've never seen things completely the same and after close to 10 years it gets old. I lost my regional manager who was great as he retired, but the new one is good and pretty straightforward. The board of directors of the property i get along with pretty well since i live here, but they could drop our contract at any time. Another year and we'll see what happens. Its been a crap shoot for quite awhile unfortunately.
Site Moderator