Windows 10 issues are crazy

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Windows 10 issues are crazy

Post by crosscourt »

Ive had clients who have lost data and its been a complete pain trying to deal with it. One I asked Dell for help as the client still was on warranty with them, but the another issue was with a new HP system where the keyboard wasnt working. of course i knew about the first one, then read about the second issue being a problem with some HP systems. Windows 10 is a train wreck but has anyone else had any of these issues. Im not running Windows 10 so cant test but a few of my friend have had issues with data loss.

Windows 7 certainly had its issues but at least in my experience ive never had anything happen quite as bad as whats been happening recently with Windows 10 updates/upgrades.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Re: Windows 10 issues are crazy

Post by tlmiller »

There's about 1,000 articles about this exact thing right now. The latest 1809 release being pulled for a week due to all the issues just highlights how completely MS is failing to be able to fully do proper QA on the releases due to the aggressive time frame of releases.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its been going on awhile but the latest issues are complete deal breakers. Most dont want to use Windows 10 and a few asked if I could reinstall Windows 7 which at this point probably isnt a good decision. They dont have an alternative unless they want to move to Apple,Chromebooks or Linux.
I wish MS would back off this present course and slowdown or realize maybe going back to Windows version releases isnt a bad idea.
Theres even one article about creating an up to date version of Vista/Windows 7 for resale and moving past Windows 10.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

October update had issues as well and its gotten to the point where Windows update blocker is becoming a very popular app.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

1809 was pulled twice already from update servers due to issues. It's back now (last I heard), but being pulled twice just shows the shear extent of issues they're having. They desperately need to get less aggressive on these refresh upgrades.

I haven't updated ANYTHING to 1809, even at work. Too many issues, too many risks. I haven't even updated my installation medium to 1809 due to the various issues.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

ZDNet has an article out calling the October release the worst Windows 10 version ever. Its actualy far worse than that as some of my friends who work for tech companies are considering dropping Windows for Red Hat given all the issues and they arent the only ones.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I'm soooo glad that I use Linux,and have nothing to do with Windblows... :D :twisted:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Its interesting as many people report no issues with the October update but the ones that did have a problem the issues were horrendous, many corporate.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ok Microsoft fanbooys really anger me sometimes. On one site this one person kept reiterating how he didnt have any issues and why is it a problem if the data thats wiped was on an external hard drive. He claims thats whats been happening but in fact ive seen systems where the data was wiped from the primary internal hard drive not just external drives not to mention other issues.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Any fanboy is frustrating. There's a couple of posters that are anti-systemd fanboys on LQ that I moderate, and it's IRRITATING because ANY thread they'll come in and start talking about how horrible SystemD is even though the OP is asking NOTHING in any way related to that.

It'll be interesting to see if all these issues will convince MS to give up on the 2 releases a year strategy. They've REALLY been pissing off a lot of companies with that, and that's their bread and butter.