Windows 10 issues are crazy

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: Windows 10 issues are crazy

Post by crosscourt »

They arent looking for an updated Win7. They want a more traditional brand new OS based on modern tech to replace Win10. Thats very doable and some of the people calling for it are techies.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Forbes has an article that normal Win10 users were testing unstable updates. The whole way they go about updating leads to this type of situation and people dont get the ability to opt out. My wife wants to go to Win10 but honestly can anyone use it with kind of situation?
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Well, I got the updates to 1803 and no crashes, but it's now downloading the 1809 feature update...
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

They fixed a lot of the 1803 updates, but 1809.....?
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Well, it applied the 1809 updates, took 5 reboots, then was unstable, and after a 6th reboot it seems to be working...so far. No blue screens and no missing data though that I can tell, so seems it worked.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

My wife is still debating as she still prefers Windows given what she uses it for, with her business.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ok heres a wild one. Win10 user has his pc up an running and its working ok, he shuts it down and goes to bed. Wakes up, starts the computer and it just sits there 5-10 minutes and does nothing, no warnings or notices of updates. Eventually he gets fed up and resets the pc and, now he cant boot to UI.
He ends up doing a recovery but cant find a reason for the issue. There were some data corruption issues though but it shouldnt have affected the pc.
No hardware issues at all and evidentloy this happened to another of his pcs as well. Ive seen this one myself as I had it happen back when I was testing Windows 10 1803 build I believe but never found anything conclusive.
I also had issues after updates as a number of upodates including the recent October 2018 updates fried a pc. I havent been back to Win10 since then and have moved on to Linux and dropping Windows entirely.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Just talked to a friend on another forum who installed 1809 , added his data and within minutes the pc had an issue and it appears his data was completely corrupted. The drive tested fine and the overall system was also ok, including the USB stick he used to restore his data. It appears something happened after updating, before he finished the install. Ive seen quite a few of these and another user who had a working install, had major issues after Windows updated the system. Thankfully in his case he was able to restore but what do you do if new updates cause an issue?
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I have to say, I havent used Windows in months and havent missed it at all.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I haven't used it in years... And don't miss it one iota...! :x :twisted: :D