When was the last time youve used Windows?

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

When was the last time youve used Windows?

Post by crosscourt »

I havent used it for quite awhile even though I do updating on my wifes system(and backup) with Win7. Ive been using Linux almost exclusively for awhile. Maybe 30 days ago on my system just to update it. Not doing game work recently and havent been gamin on pc much(mostly retrogaming).
Most of my online work can be done on linux.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Re: When was the last time youve used Windows?

Post by CaptNoize »

I haven't used Windblows since last year... And that was only to update my stupid Garmin Nuvi. I think by now,someone probably has figured out how to update Garmin using Wine on Linux. I didn't have the time to figure it out. I let smarter people than me do it. Like most of you.I'm an amateur, and I admit it. :mrgreen:
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Depends. At work, I use Windows every day. AT home, I use it only when I want to play games. I have actually used it tonight, as I was playing a few games while dinner was cooking when I got home.

However, outside of work, my usage is 95% linux, and when not gaming, it's 100% linux.
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

About a month ago I booted it to do the updates (just in case I need it for something one day) and ended up losing the machine for 7 Hours while it slowly did it's thing! :shock: :evil:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Same here tlmiller, gaming only. I game quite a bit on Linux but mostly much older games but Ive been playing classic consoles recently, Playstation 1 and Xbox 1.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Just installed Win7 for a customer so had to tolerate the painful process that really makes you appreciate Linux.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Im on it right now as Ive been doing some gaming with somewhat newer games that i run on Windows 7. Recently its been very quick, stable and no issues. Most Windows 10m users would like to be able to say that, ;)
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Outside of work haven't used it in over a week now. My in-laws have been visiting and they sleep in the room with that pc, so haven't been able to be on it. Not really missing it. Don't think I had played any games or booted Windows since I booted it to do last months security patches.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Im gaming more on my older pcs and consoles recently but if I had more time Id be gaming a lot more.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

This just made me realize I forgot to push patches for patch Tuesday at work...crap.