When was the last time youve used Windows?

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: When was the last time youve used Windows?

Post by crosscourt »

Windows 7 patches have been coming steadily but the last batch of Windows 10 patches caused issues i got many phone calls about.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

So glad everyone knows better than to call me for Windows issues anymore. I hate supporting the OS. Big reason why I turned down University of Phoenix for a job offer. They advertised the job as a linux admin, but there was still going to be Windows support, so meh...rather stay where I am if I'm still going to have to touch Windows.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive been able to handle most of the problems along with some help from friends but its been getting out of hand recently. We've got about the same number of Win7 vs Win10 users but the Win10 problems calls have tripled in comparison to Win7.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

The main issue with Win7 is that you can'at install it on anything SkyLake or newer without hacks to enable Windows Update.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Most people are using older hardware including myself so its not much of an issue. Microsoft loved planned obsolescence and theyve been doing it for years. Im in no rush to upgrade and i use Linux for most things anyway.
Nice thing is, as in the old days, workarounds always came out to overcome issues.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

This is one reason "why" I have such an issue with Microslop. My business is based on repairing older electronics,esp. audio equipment. I can ASSURE you,most of the speakers that are built for consumer use,wains in comparison to older models. Some say to me, "What about all the new digital sound and speakers designed for it"? IT DOESN'T MATTER...! We don't hear in digital..!! :shock:
We hear in analog..!! We're NOT Borg..! :roll: That's "why" digital audio sounds so cold,and harsh..!! And...that's "why" older speakers sound so much better(ambient). Sorry to have gotten off topic,but realize all the great products that ended up in a landfill,cuz someone said it was "obsolete". Just think of how many computers ended up there,cuz of Microslop...all to "pad their pockets". :evil:
CC,..just think how many computers you've saved from that fate,and how many poor people and non profit businesses,with limited resources you've helped..! We ALL need to be on the Linux bandwagon..! :D
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Thanks Capt and we have handed out a lot of computers to people this year as the old hardware just keeps coming.

Its interesting as i use mostly older pc speakers because they sound so much better than the more recent ones. I use a lot of older hardware and so far its great.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I was a Harman (JBL,INFINITY, H-K)service for over 25 years. I've seen a lot of the classic JBL & Infinity home stereo speakers in here over the years. You can't even compare how the new cabinets are built,to the vintage ones. I just laugh at how cheaply this new junk is made...
I have a older pair of Harman Kardon computer speakers that my girlfriend gave me a few years back,that she was going to pitch(she bought a laptop,and didn't need these) I took them and hooked them up to my computer....they sound excellent. Moral to the story is just cuz some things are old,you don't throw them away..!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive got Harmon, JBL amd Altec Lansing speakers. Love the JBL speakers, classic and sound great.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

If you ever need parts,or a repair....you know who to call... ;)