Babylon 5 and Space 1999 coming to Comet

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
tlmiller

Re: Babylon 5 and Space 1999 coming to Comet

Post by tlmiller »

Watched that as well. Was really hoping to enjoy it, got through 4 episodes and gave up due tothe dragging you mention. Just couldn't pay attention as it was too slow.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I was going to watch "Good Omens" and "Electric Dreams" but ran into the same thing with both of them......even the new "Lost in Space" didn't thrill me. I keep seeing trailers on YouTube for the new Star Trek: Picard. I hope it's better than the aforementioned series. It doesn't matter tho... I'm NOT buying CBS ALL ASSES...! :evil: :evil: :x :evil: :x
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I finally cancelled my Prime membership earlier this year due to the renewal becoming too expensive for what they offer, so no good omens for me.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

TL....here's a scam...CBS ALL ASSES started out as $5 per month...no commercials. Now, it's $6 a month with commercials, $10 without commercials. No Commercials is the only way I'd go, so that's $120(for now,probably go up soon) a year if I bought it. But...the only thing you get is all CBS reruns,and 2 new Star Trek series. One I'd NEVER watch, and the other,the jury is still out on.
At least with Prime,I get free shipping with stuff I order, tons of music, and more movies and series than I can watch,for $119.00 a year. A way better value than CBS ALL RipOff....IMHO
Last edited by CaptNoize on Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Oh, agreed. My problem with Prime was that I only order 4-5 times a year from Amazon, and when I canceled (back in March), there was literally not a SINGLE good show and only a handful of decent movies on the Prime video. So I just wasn't getting any value for it. I wouldn't order CBS or Disney for the same reason. Just NOWHERE near enough worth watching (re-watching) to justify it.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Yes..that's not enough ordering to get the buck back value. I don't have cable,I cut the cord back in 2015. I mostly watch OTA TV so the Amazon is just an added plus. Believe it or not, I mostly watch YouTube with my Amazon Fire TV . It never buffers, and the remote for the Amazon works best. The apps work real good with it.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Babylon 5 marathon on Sunday starting from the beginning, watched a bit of it as I enjoyed the early days of B5.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Ended up watching 2 junk movies on Amazon...one was " Cannibal Diner" that had German,with English sub titles. I watched it cause I used to speak German,a thought I'd brush up on the language. What a junk movie...! I could do better with a hand cam...ugh..! The other was "Back Light"...the cinematography was beautiful...but the plot was boring... I feel asleep 😴 watching it... Binge watched " Suits" season 8 last night....not finished...got tons of other stuff to watch.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Watched the most recent Wonder Woman movie and after 3 hours it was average at best except for the big fight at the end. Gal Gadot though is an amazingly attractive woman who fits the part well.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

crosscourt wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:50 pm Watched the most recent Wonder Woman movie and after 3 hours it was average at best except for the big fight at the end. Gal Gadot though is an amazingly attractive woman who fits the part well.
I actually would disagree with most of that. While it wasn't like the BEST movie of the year or anything, I thought it was an excellently done movie (by far the best DC has had in at least 10 years, and better than anything they've released since), and it was nice to see DC actually film a movie that you can see everything, understand everything, and the writing wasn't cringeworthy. I do agree that Gal Gadot is attractive, although I think she's horrible for the part, as she's FAR too skinny and looks like something that will break if you push her hard. They should have someone much more...voluptuous play the part...like it was properly played back in the 70's. Still, yes, I don't deny that she's an attractive woman, she has possibly one of the loveliest faces in Hollywood (although I like Olga Kurylenko's more).
Last edited by tlmiller on Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.