Fernando Alonso to leave F1 at the end of the season

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: Fernando Alonso to leave F1 at the end of the season

Post by crosscourt »

Alonso has been having words with Red Bull about supposed offers to sign him over the years that Red Bull claims didnt happen. Riccardo also made some comments about Red Bull deluding themselves(thru Renault) over the Honda engines and sort of alluded to the fact that Red Bull's perspective is a bit skewed. Alonso sure seems to have a sorted history according to who you talk to even though Hamilton said he loved driving with Alonso back with McLaren.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Looks like he enjoyed running an Indycar at Barber. He didnt explain much but you get this feeling both from him and the rumors about McLaren going to Indycars, that its going to happen. McLaren may become a separate team backed by Andretti and will have two drivers, Alonso and someone else. It appears they may have asked Dixon.Power about driving for them but this might get interesting.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Dixon we know isn't leaving Ganassi now, and I can't see Power leaving Penske. They're just too big and too rich to risk leaving for a new team, even one with a winning heritage backed by a winning team.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

They asked those drivers awhile back before Dixon made his move, but its just shows they seem to be looking for another driver. The driver I would look at is Bourdais who would get along with Alonso pretty well, given theyre familiar with each other.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

My personal preference would be Sato. I'd love to see those 2 partnering each other simply because I like both so much.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Sato though has no prior relationship with Alonso versus other drivers like Bourdais,Pagenaud and Rossi. Alonso is a handful so having someone he can relate to really helps. Alonso gets along with Michael Andretti very well.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

OH, I know. I'm just saying that I'd love to see them paired together as they'll be my favorite 2 drivers in Indy.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

No doubt Alonso would identify with Sato being a former F1 driver. They would have a lot to talk about and share no doubt.
Site Moderator