2018 Mustang Cobra GT350

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
tlmiller

2018 Mustang Cobra GT350

Post by tlmiller »

Just test drove one. If there's anyone who needs a lightly used soul and is willing to trade $70,000 for it, let me know. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
crosscourt

Re: 2018 Mustang Cobra GT350

Post by crosscourt »

LOL!!! Im more a Mopar guy and recently drove a Challenger which I enjoyed thoroughly but no cash for such frivolities these days. Insurance and gas prices are too high so mileage/cost is more important to me.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I test drove a 2014 Challenger RT (5.7L) also today. Didn't seriously consider it for a second as it's EXTREMELY slow compared to my existing Mustang.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I dont worry about speed as in my area you cant really drive the way you want to anyway. I prefer the looks of the Challenger over the present Mustang but really dont like any of them compared to the older models. id love to have a 1970 Charger with a 318 2 barrel but that wont happen either.

If Im going to go for speed and handling Id wouldnt go for any of the American muscle cars.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I can only drive American or German. They're the only ones made with a manual transmission. I will NOT drive a slushbox. And German isn't really a consideration because while they DRIVE nice, most of them (Porsche, BMW & Mercedes) are IMO so UGLY to look at I could never consider them for a second. So that leaves American or an Audi.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

The two best cards Ive demoed recently were the Nissan GTR and the Acura NSX. Both I drove had sports automatic transmissions but I dont have the cash for cars like this anyway.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Yeah, both those cars aren't made in a manual at all. So while I think the NSX is a great looking car, even if I had the money, I wouldn't consider it. I actually think the GTR is a very dull looking car, not attractive at all (although amazing traction control system). And if I won either in a contest, I would immediately pawn it for cash and buy something that had a manual. I truly despise automatics.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

There was a time when I would never have considered an automatic but but with a knee injury my clutching days are pretty much over, even though I can do it for a time. Even my 1970 Charger in high school had an a sport automatic and it didnt really hurt me much in street racing but yes I preferred manual most of my life. If I had enough cash though Id buy what I want and customize it to my specs which we did in the old days. Had I kept the Charger I would have installed a manual transmission eventually.
Given the performance of cars today I dont see the Auto as a huge drawback and Im more into handling than performance anyway.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Actually, auto's are faster than manual now. Especially dual-clutch autos like the GTR, they can shift in THOUSANDTHS of a second, compared to 1/4 to 1/2 a second for a true manual. I just hate driving them. They're boring IMO, and so even though autos are better nowadays, I won't buy one.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I was speaking more about older cars such as in my day but the Auto in my Charger was actually a better choice over the manual transmission in regards to performance(that wasnt the case for most cars). My Gremlin X with a 304/4 barrel had a Hurst shifter and what a pocket rocket it was, being so lightweight. I also prefer manual for the thrill but yes autos today far outperform manuals and with the electronics involved can be custom tuned for any desired profile.
Site Moderator