Netflix's Lost In Space

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Netflix's Lost In Space

Post by CaptNoize »

I binge watched Lost In Space on Netflix this weekend; I grew up watching 60's sci-fi on TV. CC and I have discussed great sci-fi, privately. I was NOT impressed with this reboot. Just like I'm NOT impressed with the reboot of Star Trek,and that whole "Kelvin" timeline B.S......I'm a "purest". They should have continued Star Trek,where DS9 left off,or Voyager. And Ira Steven Behr,should have been left in command. However, I digress. :evil:
Needless to say,even with the new special efx,the L.I.S. storyline just becomes boring,4 episodes in, to this 10 episode season. I do admit,that season 2 and 3 of the original was waaaay corny,and juvenile, but hopefully,season 2 of this new show will be better. The new spin on the robot is weird. It really didn't make sense.IMHO....but Netflix seems to have a boatload of money to spend.....
Maybe they'd accept my reboot of "Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea"....?? :shock: :lol: :roll:
crosscourt

Re: Netflix's Lost In Space

Post by crosscourt »

Same here, Im a purest and they need to take care of the timelines. Id love to see a sequel to Babylon 5 with the right cast but many of the originals are still around.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

One of the reasons I don't watch StarTrek: Discovery is I don't care about what happened before Kirk and Spock....didn't we do that already with Star Trek : Enterprise...? That bored me to tears after about 4 episodes in. I just don't like Scott Bacula as an actor....See how long that lasted....? Ugh..! The other reason is I'm NOT paying those thieves at CBS All Access to watch S.T.D...LoL...! No pun intended..! Is...I "cut the cord" 2 years ago... Not going back.....these scammers never let up on trying to get your money...plus..what I have seen of S.T.D., I really wasn't interested. When you have Amazon Fire TV, you have tons of things to watch. Why should I give those parasites at CBS any more money...? I'm looking forward to the Quentin Tarentino version of Star Trek...he's a purest...no damn Kelvin time line,no going back before Kirk/Spock...early reports say he's going to start his story line right after Voyager gets home,and the Federation/Dominion war has just ended...this is going to be the first "R" rated Star Trek....this should be interesting... :twisted:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Id love to see it start after Voyager got back. I wasnt a huge fan of Voyager but using their return as a starting point would work for me.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Give me a sequel to Firefly and the cast is older but still around.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I would definitely like to see a re-boot of "UFO".....I think it could be developed into a Sci-Fi/Horror crossover if done right.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

That would be very interesting as i very much enjoyed UFO given it was produced awhile ago.
Site Moderator