Dawn of the Dead 40th Anniversary

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Dawn of the Dead 40th Anniversary

Post by CaptNoize »

June 8th -10th will be the 40th anniversary of the release of George Romero's zombie classic "Dawn Of The Dead". In salute to it,that weekend is the "Living Dead" weekend at the Monroeville Mall,in Monroeville,Pa. Many of the stars of the movie,as well as an unveiling of a brass bust of the late George Romero will happen that weekend. In October of this year, Night of the Living Dead will celebrate it's 50 the anniversary in Evans City,Pa....some of the Walking Dead alumni will be in attendance. :o :shock:
crosscourt

Re: Dawn of the Dead 40th Anniversary

Post by crosscourt »

Sounds like a great event. I still remember those movies back in the day.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Evans City is 25 min. from where I live. Romero also filmed "The Crazies" there in 1973. I worked on the remake of Night of the Living Dead in 91. It was filmed in Hopewell Twp. Pa. It was directed by horror makeup Master,Tom Savini. He played the character,"Sex Machine" in the movie "From Dusk Till Dawn". He also did the makeup for Dawn of the Dead(original) and created Jason Vorhees. Monroeville is 35 minutes away. Most people complain about bugs....here...it's zombies...LoL...! :lol:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Theres a tourist logo, we love zombies!
Site Moderator