Indycar racing so far very good!

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

Re: Indycar racing so far very good!

Post by crosscourt »

Totally agree, LMP1 needs to go. Going to be a lot of good drivers this year coming from both Indy and F1. Castroneves is racing in IMSA now.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I know, he was one of my favorites, so I look forward to seeing him.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I was sorry Mark Webber decided to retire but he became a spokesman and occasional test driver for Porsche so glad that happened. Loved him in F1 and his work in the endurance series.

Was stunned Gnassi racing went from 4 to 2 teams this year. Andretti Racing is my favorite team presently but I was a huge fan of Dario Franchitti and honestly was hoping he might have moved to Haas for F1 but the crash ended his career.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Watched the Indy Grand Prix ("road" course at Indy) and that was a pretty good race. Didn't like that Power won (I hate Verizon, so my hatred of Verizon means I don't even like Helio in the few races he's racing this year since he's got the silver & black Verizon scheme same as Power and NewGarden now), but it was a good race, lots of action on track, and some great racing and strategy.

I will say, IndyCar is absolutely CRUSHING F1 this year. Compared to the snoozefest trains of F1, IndyCar with the new aero kit has been an absolute dominating show.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Missed the Indy Grand Prix due to work but agree that Indy destroys F1 as far as the actual racing. I love the F1 courses, particularly in Europe,Canada and USA. Rossi is my favorite in Indy, a former F1 driver with some links to Alonso.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I'll probably always like Sato best as long as he's racing, but Rossi is one of my favorites, along with Wickens, Hinch and Hunter-Raey
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Sato is great and I like Wickens as well. Miss Dario Franchitti though as I was a huge fan.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Indy 500 getting ready to start and Danica Patrick is starting 7th. Looking forward to both her and seeing what Rossi can do from the back of the field.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Good race overall, although I was disappointed that a silver & black Penske won.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

It was ok, as Im not a fan of oval racing but was pleased with Rossi's performance. Makes me wonder how things would have been different, if Danica had continued to race in Indy instead of the Nascar demolition derby.
Site Moderator