X-Files marathon

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

Re: X-Files marathon

Post by CaptNoize »

I only liked one actor on Jericho,...Lenny James,who plays Morgan,on The Walking Dead.
Last edited by CaptNoize on Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

I could never understand what the hoopla was with Walking Dead.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

crosscourt wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:11 pm I could never understand what the hoopla was with Walking Dead.
So agreed on that. Tried to watch it, nearly cried of boredom.
crosscourt wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:00 pm
Firefly was more my style of different scifi show.
Firefly was SOOOOOOOOO amazing. I started watching Castle because Nathan was in it.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Same here, my wife and I watch Castle all the time. When Serenity came out I was so pumped and it didnt disappoint.

Many want a sequel to Firefly before the cast get too old.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I've watched TWD,ever since the first episode. The first season was amazing. Second,not so good. 3rd was excellent.4th was OK.
It's now in the 8th season,and the story runner,Scott Gimple,has it all messed up. I understand gore and violence isn't everyone's cup o tea,but,the first couple of seasons had some really interesting characters. Remember, TWD comes from a graphic comic book,by the same name. Seeing it developed for TV,was unheard of,in2010,with that much blood and gore,with decent story lines,was ground breaking. In recent history,they've squandered some great characters.
But honestly, it's tired,now. I won't buy it next year. I'll probably buy "Z Nation" for my "gore fix". The original Night of the Living Dead was filmed 15 min. from my home. Dawn of the Dead(original) was filmed in the Monroeville Mall,45 min. from me... :twisted:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Gore and violence are fine as long as youve got a plot and something to keep you interested which TWD never did for me. It reminded me of the House of the Dead Sega arcade game, as they kept coming and we kept shooting, that was about it. Zombie Apocalypse style movies/series have been around for a long time but so far no one has been able to make it interesting enough to keep watching.

The Resident Evil movies are a good example of walking dead plots that at least try to make it interesting, but it had issues with the sequels.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Fox is still talking about a reboot of Firefly and I believe it will happen sooner rather than later to take advantage of the fans still out there.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

If not Fox,....Perhaps Netflix should look into making the reboot of FireFly; they seem to have the financial where with all to do things right. Drop them a line,making the suggestion. It can't hurt. All they can do is ignore you.....
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

That wont happen as Fox owns the rights to Firefly and given the great job they did with the series, who wouldnt want them to handle it again.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

BBCA has XFiles on again today all day it appears.
Site Moderator