X-Files marathon

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
crosscourt

X-Files marathon

Post by crosscourt »

Started Saturday morning and goes thru Monday on BBC America. Great series that I miss greatly from those days. The recent remake was terrible.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Re: X-Files marathon

Post by CaptNoize »

As far as Sci-fi goes on network TV...it's almost nonexistent.... If you wanna consider Marvels Agents of Shield,but really..?? What a joke that is.....Just to show how "lame" the networks are...they are recycling garbage like Will and Grace,and that disgusting loser, Roseanne,(shudder)...this is "why" I "cut the cord" 2 years ago,and put up a digital antenna,and got Amazon Fire TV. I'm saving over $1600.00 a year on cable bills...! Why be victimized by cable companies..and insulted by network TV ??! :o :twisted:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive got bulk rate with Comcast included with my condo fee for $27 a month so no issues there. I watch BBCA,SyFy,Comet, AMC and a few others that show some new but mostly older scifi.
Site Moderator
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Hoping that BBCA will start reruns of X-Files but havent found any info so far after the marathon.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

All I need to do is download the apps for those channels on Fire TV. I get them with my Amazon Prime subscription. The only network I consider "buying" is Shudder. I buy the Walking Dead,not AMC. I won't buy it next season...it has really went down the tubes,story line wise. Come Summer, I'm too busy outside late in the day,to watch TV.
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

I've kept cable mostly because of the expense of cutting the cord for me wouldn't save much. I require univision and telemundo (spanish native channels heavy in Mexican TV shows, especially the comedies and telenovelas) which are extra channels on pretty much every subscription service (if they're even available). Because of that, and my need of a few other channels I need that are extra, while I'd save a SMALL amount cutting the cord, it wouldn't save me nearly as much as I'd like and have less than 1/2 the overall channel selection. So I just stick with cable.
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

I understand. My circumstance was unique for me here. My contract was up,3 years ago, and the cable company told me they were gonna raise my rates. I wasn't happy with my channel selection,the low definition (they charge you an extra $15 a month for high definition) which you get free with over the air reception. For basic cable here,low definition, is now over $150 a month..!
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ouch, thats crazy. Doesnt cost that much down here.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

These utility companies are grave robbers here....my natural gas supplier raised my gas bill here 300% four years ago...!!!! :evil: :x :shock:
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Double ouch! Down here natural gas is dirt cheap and we buy it bulk a few years at a time at a low rate.
Site Moderator