DON'T YOU JUST HATE...

Talk about anything you like not related to the above forums
CaptNoize

DON'T YOU JUST HATE...

Post by CaptNoize »

I own a electronics repair business north of Pgh. I'm a small business owner,with not a lot of "overhead". However, every dollar counts. I order parts from several suppliers from over the years. I order online,and by phone,but usually online,to document Exactly what I need. Yet, time after time,my suppliers STILL can't get it right...! I understand people make mistakes...I'm certainly not perfect. But jeez...!! I don't think some people can't READ...! I spend more time/money shipping stuff back than I need to. Does anyone on here suffer the same unprofessional-ism...? :evil: :roll:
tlmiller

Re: DON'T YOU JUST HATE...

Post by tlmiller »

Most definitely. Recently upgraded a license from pro to ultimate with Nutanix (who, overall, fantastic company). They sent us the wrong license, caused the devices to refuse to allow us to make any changes. You also can't just go in and un-associate the license and put a new one in. No, had to open a ticket for one of their techs to go in and de-register the license in CLI and register the correct one.

Obviously, it wasn't malicious, it was just someone who saw we had 2 blocks and the newest was a G5, so they sent us G5 licenses. But if they had read the full profile, they would have seen we had 1 G5 block and 1 older G4 block.

Almost didn't get my SFA's moved over from our old NetApp to Nutanix in time. Literally finished the morning of the NetApp decommissioning and we actually had to delay the decommissioning a couple hours (luckily the company recycling it was late) so I could run the verification on all the transferred data.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Yes, I deal with contractors all day , billing, service work and attention to detail is really poor. Our property has billing issues all the time and the new cloud service not only makes mistakes but clients dont handle things well either. We spend an inordinate amount of time and money cleaning up the messes they make.
Site Moderator
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

I have had a few ebay orders that when arrived were something totally different, but I look on that as a good thing (unless I needed it urgently) as I get to keep the wrong product and they ship me out what I originally ordered (or refund me and I order from elsewhere) all i have to do is wait a little longer.

I know the wrongly delivered product is not always going to be much use, but I get quite a lot of electrical components (for another hobby of mine) and so usually i get something that i will likely use at some other time, the most recent was some 18650 battery holders that should have been USB type A connectors, and I have used the battery spacers in another project, so incompetence (or error) is not always a bad thing. :)
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Ive had few issues with Ebay and i do a fair amount of business with them. Most sellers are honest and try to do the right thing but theres always those few problem people.
Site Moderator
dai_trying

Post by dai_trying »

I use PayPal so I have the added level of protection, if something isn't as described I am guaranteed my money back, I have had a couple of sellers be difficult, but in that case I just get ebay to step in and I get my refund.
I have had sellers send the wrong item and then send out the right one with no issue and they always still get 5 star feedback as they are the ones who fix their mistakes straight away.
I also had some problems ordering an Android tablet for one of my support users and had an absolute nightmare, it took what seemed like forever to get it sorted out and by the time I was finished I had two tablets (10.1") one with Android 4.4 (the reason for my complaint, it should have been 6.0) and the replacement which had 6.0 and I also received a partial refund so I ended up with two tablets (the grand-kids use them) at a VERY cheap price.
In the time it took for it to get sorted out I had ordered another tablet from Amazon which was an incredible 2-4x the spec that was advertised, Octa-core instead of Quad-core, 64Gb storage instead of 16Gb and 4Gb RAM instead of 2Gb. That's the one my support user got and they are very happy with it and I get a lot less calls from them now, so that tells me the tablet is still working as it should.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

Actually most transactions on Ebay until recently were handled by Paypal but the buyers protection plan was Ebay sponsored. If you use a credit card you can still go to your CC company and get help if you need it. Ebay is moving to a different pay service(Adyen, a Dutch company) as they no longer own Paypal thus why they handle any buying issues themselves but yes refunds are guaranteed regardless of source.
Site Moderator
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

Off topic, but when's the ebay change taking place? I just ordered a short time ago and my only payment option was still paypal.
crosscourt

Post by crosscourt »

It will happen slowly and be phased in by 2021 with Adyen. With Paypal no longer owned by Ebay any issues you have will be handled directly by Ebay who has an agreement with Paypal.
Site Moderator
CaptNoize

Post by CaptNoize »

Well,not that I enjoy others misfortunes, and troubles, but at least I don't feel so "alone"...! :lol: Another "pet peeve" is that when you are a service center for a particular company,and they discontinue service/parts for an expensive product,and leave us holding the "bag" to explain to the customer that they have to buy a "new" product..! This truly hurts our ecology, economy and our reputations. We are destroying our environment with this "throw away" attitude. :roll: